Long seen as critical to high end audio a quality power supply lifts all applicable components to a new level of enjoyment. First seen on the release of the remarkable CD555 the 555 PS DR has gone on to bring its magic to a number of Naim Audio products, namely the NDS and NDX network players, the HDX hard disk player/ server and the DAC digital to analogue converter as well as the CDX2 CD player.
The 555 PS was updated in 2012 as a result of a two year project to develop a new discrete regulator (DR) for Naim Audio power supplies. The new Naim Audio DR now features, alongside improvements to the wire routing, mechanical decoupling and internal layout. These enhancements, developed through intensive listening tests, significantly raise performance and make music even more communicative and enjoyable.
- Seven regulated supply voltages, including a separate supply for the CD555 clock circuit
- Low-resonance case with isolating feet
- Massive transformer, 40 percent larger than that fitted to the XPS
- Supplied with Power-Line mains cable as standard
- All-new Discrete Regulator (DR) configuration, delivering Naim’s best-ever standards of stable, low-noise power